Active Learning in a Digital Culture
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2020
3:00 PM EST
Join us for a very special Action Network Live event with early childhood expert Rae Pica! The conversation about screen time typically involves the word sedentary. It's a word we associate with healthy issues-- but few have heard the alarming statistics Rae will share, along with her expertise of the cognitive domain and what we know about how children learn. Spoiler alert: it doesn't involve sitting! Rae will also reveal how challenging behavior is related to lack of movement. This will be our first event of 2020 and one you won't want to miss! Takeaways will include:
- Parents' misplaced fears about the risks of physical activity. For example, fear of rope swings.
- Real fears, heart disease, diabetes, health issues, and other risk factors that expand without physical activity.
- How parent screen use can impact children's healthy development.
- Concrete relationship between movement and learning.
- How behavior challenges relate to lack of movement.
After the interview, Rae will answer audience questions. We hope you’ll join us!
This webinar WILL be recorded. Check back here. Registration available soon.